What is supply chain collaboration?
How is supply chain collaboration related to supply chain visibility?
What are some of the challenges companies face in collaborating with their trading partners?
- Synchronizing information between trading partners
- Enabling standards-based, bi-directional message exchange between partners
- Isolating significant events in the extended supply chain
- Making decisions that ensure customer delivery dates are not impacted
How does modern technology remove some of these pain points?
- Tight integration among supply chain applications
- Configurable, business-to-business workflow, along with built-in integration to service provider networks
- Event management that can listen to events in the network and raise alerts
- Next generation user interfaces for both the brand owners and trading partners that enable the trading partner to contribute in the decision making process
Which collaboration processes does Supply Chain Collaboration Cloud (SCC) support?
What mechanisms can trading partners use for collaboration with the enterprise?
What key business values does Supply Chain Collaboration Cloud bring to contract manufacturing execution?
What is Collaboration Messaging Framework?
What are the key benefits of using Collaboration Messaging Framework?
- Trading Partner configuration and management. Every customer, supplier, or other trading partner exchanging B2B messages must be identified and integrated into your business processes so the system knows who is capable of sending/receiving B2B messages as well as which B2B messages apply for that partner. This capability is core to the design of Collaboration Messaging Framework.
- Trading Partner Network support. Rather than connect to trading partners individually, you can forward messages to a B2B service provider that serves them. The third party network handles any systems integration, standards translation, or proprietary formats so you don't have to manage them.
- Centralized and standardized communications. All B2B messages for all trading partners are processed through Collaboration Messaging Framework. Integration to trading partners or B2B service providers is all managed through a single external web service – no multiple integration points. All B2B messages are sent or received in a standard, global, cross-industry B2B standard – no proprietary format.
- B2B transaction monitoring. Collaboration Messaging Framework includes a complete logging and error/exception management function to both monitor/analyze B2B message processing and research and resolve any errors or exceptions quickly.